I recently started a new position at a corporate office and I've been adjusting to the company's stricter (than my previous employer's) dress code. In my previous position, I was able to dress slightly more casual, and was surrounded by more fashionable peers (I worked in high-end retail). However, here I feel like I live in the world of the BORING BLACK DRESS PANT. If you don't know anything about me, know this: I am FAR from boring and I hate to blend in. Needless, to say this has been quite an adjustment. I am on a quest to find a happy medium between the company's dress code and my more fashionable taste.
Here's a look at what I wore today:
So, today's outfit is quite simple:
- Top: Nordstrom BP Dept - super soft!
- Pants: Paper-bag waist Forever 21 (from last summer)- they are a nice, deep teal color
- Shoes: my favorite pink flats from Old Navy
- One of my favorite necklaces- I wear it with simple tops just to add a little pop of color!
- And featuring those disgusting knee-highs that I have to wear for work lol
So, there you have it! This whole look was probably less than $100
Here are a few more pics:
My attempt at dressing up my lil cube, lol!
Ok, Thanks for listening to my rant!